Friday, November 14, 2008

How do you dance to country???

"It's not about you.... I'm finally walking.... It's not about you..." I have no idea who sings this song (country) but I so love the words.

I really don't have anyone in my life to sing this song to ...lol. But man what a cute little song.

I have been in a bit of a Country music wave lately... kinds strange. I am more of a hip hop girl. But lately I have needed music a bit more calmer, so I thought I would give the country music channel a try. Seems to have some cute songs.... and some crap I just have to shake my head at (or cut my ears off). But all in all I have to say I like it. Hubby is kinda liking not having to listen to my "yo yo yo music" as he calls it.

It is funny how different things in life are all based around music. An ex boyfriend (Frozen Ghost)... a special trip (Sitting on the dock of the bay, Mexico when I was 10) ... a special moment with a loved one ... all have music linked to them (I have a sick song in my head right now ... lol). Maybe it is just me. My parents had music playing 24/7. (Heart, ACDC.... Black Sabith) And now I do the same just a little something different and with a MUCH better sound system.

With everything that has gone on, Country music is where it is at. So does this mean in a year I will change again (big hair bands) and then one day hear a country song and think ... oh ya that was when we had the tough year.... and if so that is ok with me.... isn't that always the joke about country music? You lose your dog.... lose your truck .... then play it back words and you get it all back....lol.

Well for now I shall rock out to a bit of country and then maybe next yr it will be big hair bands... isn't Bret still looking for love (Rock of Love)??? LMAO!

Andrea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't say i'm not a fan of country music, even though i'm not, because every so often there is a cross over song that makes it to the station i listen to and love and then i follow on what other music that country singer has done and find that i actually like that as well.
because of the age of my kids and my husband, there is always different stuff playing in my home.