Thursday, November 6, 2008

Can I dance naked in my livingroom when I am alone...

I can not believe it is November (the trees outside my front window tell me otherwise)! This year has gone by so fast. It has not been the best year... so here is hoping it ends on a high note. I have not given much thought to Christmas shopping ... and normally I am all over it and almost done by this time of year??? But again this has not been a normal happy year for our family.

Middle child goes in for her EEG on Monday. I am happy she got in so fast... but on the flip side I am a little freaked out. I put on a brave happy face cause I know that if I don't, I may break down and not get back up. And then who will grow this little tree into a strong tree that will withstand bigger storms...

The doctor feels that she may just be mimicking a behavior.... or it could be a twitch disorder ... or it could be something more. I have a feeling that there is no quick answer here... more of a wait and see thing. He has many good reasons why he was not leaning toward a disorder.... but really, do we copy so many behaviours from other around us? So if she gets a twitch that is a cough for example... is that copying my husband that always clears his throat or is it asthma (like they have said in the past) or does she get to own it as her own twitch? And why is this happening in the first place? Should she live in a bubble... as to not pick up anyone else twitch so they can say, oh ya she does or does not have a disorder?

Well this is what I say...

She is an amazing little girl that loves animals and her family. She loves sports, knows what she wants and holds a lot in. She can read people better then most adults. And well, she does this strange thing with her eyes sometimes, and she is the best on the monkey bars. We all would be blessed to have a friend like her. And I know she will do well in life.

Don't kid yourself... I really don't want this for her... but it is what it is. And I have no time to feel sorry for her because I am busy building a strong, brilliant woman with a very supportive family. And I know the Good Lord has amazing plans for this little tree! And this too shall pass...
Naked flip flops.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

to answer your first question, yes you can!
prayers for your daughter and a very simple result to her test.
and hugs to you, you're having quite a year, no wonder it's flying by.

for a different kind of girl said...

Your daughter and your family will be in my thoughts tomorrow. I hope you'll get the answers you seek quickly, and that, ultimately, they'll be good ones.