Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Man of the house...

I wondered what a "the man of the house" is. I am sure back in the 40's I would have been able to answer that. But now in 08... ya I got nothin.

So, since my hubby was on a trip I told my son he could be "the man of the house".... but only if he could explain to me what that meant.

9yr old boy - Well I think it is the person who sits and watches the evening news... (long pause) and eats macaroni out of a pot! Oh ya and looks after the girls when you go shopping.

Me - (laughing to myself) Ah, well thanks for giving me the low down. I guess you can handle being "the man of the house".

That one was priceless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i always put my son in charge of things while my husband was away on business, which for him meant he could sit at his dad's spot at the dinner table.
now it's the dog who gets to look after things, we always leave her in charge of the kids while we are out and she's being doing a great job.