Friday, October 24, 2008

Come on I was a kid too...

Lire, Lire pants on fire...

Oldest told a lie the other day. He said he finished his homework... folded it in half and put it in his backpack. Strange cause usually we put homework in his planner so it does not get crumpled up. So I say "Oldest ... why not put it in your planner as we always do" (the whole time thinking I am onto you buddy). Oldest says "ok", and brings homework (still folded) over to where I sit with his planner and hands it to me (the entire time looking into my eyes). I unfold the homework and say "But Oldest, you told me you were done and yet there is still one question to do? Did you lie to me?" Oldest comes clean as he sees his game is up.

So, I hand down the punishment.... ONE MONTH NO PLAY DATES, NO TV AND NO VIDEO GAMES.

I now realize I just punished myself! Ain't parenting grand!

Flip flop is gone for a much needed girls weekend of scrapping and shopping! Peace out...

2 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

It's events like this and the whole kids versus homework thing that really, really makes me envy your weekend away! I hope you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

i hate it when my kids lie to me. you know, if you're missing tv and video games, you can always enjoy them while the kids are at school!
glad to read your brothers surgery went well.