Friday, October 17, 2008

Feeling Freaky Friday ....


Here is the issue people .... and also what color should I paint my living room? (traded flip flops for the boots with the furrrrr today)
I had the coolest moment ever today.

I was volunteering in my middle child's class this morning. They were working on creative writing. Their wonderful teacher had come up with the cutest idea of making little "creative shields" so that their work was private. (basically poster board cut in half and folded into a cubical) Anywho, there was this little guy in the class that some days just has a hard time getting down to it ... but today he was all over this writing project. He was the only child sounding out his words out loud... at times he would stand ... then sit ... then stand .... man the little man was working hard. So, I walked over and told him he was ON FIRE TODAY. He looked at me with the biggest smile ... you could see the pride in his eyes. But the best part for me was .... 20 minutes later he was still writing (wow). He looked up at his teacher when she said it was time to stop and he said "I AM ON FIRE"! Man it was so super cute. Pride was just oozing off this kid. What a wonderful thing to witness today.

And people ask why I volunteer so much! Crazy not to!

Have a great weekend all. I am off to pick up (wink wink) BIG DADDY!

Andrea with the flip flops/boots with the furrrrrr


6 comments:

Deb said...

I just love kids ~ they should be an inspiration to us all! And I think you should paint your living room some shade of orange (not bright pumpkin orange but a muted warm orange) Of course, I am a lover of color so... plus I haven't seen the rest of your home. But I vote for orange!

Jennifer said...

I volunteer a lot in our school too! I love it when the kids see me and yell out "HI!! Miss. Jennifer!!" It's so heartwarming :)

Anonymous said...

love it!
i volunteer as well, sometimes to the point of exhaustion, it makes me feel good. sometimes you got lost as a mom, my family makes me feel i have no worth, but volunteering, it gives you a purpose.
enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

oops, as to a colour, how about taking a colour from your throw, can't tell from the pic what colour is in it, but it does have a nice pop against your chair.

Family Of Five said...

Love the TV! Best color matches with your couch.... you could go with kind of a mustardy yellowish (you see them in the trendy restaurants accented with the orangish) or a brown... or even a sage green could look good!

for a different kind of girl said...

How aweseome to see the excitement that young man had for learning. That's what I love about spending time with my kids in their classrooms when I'm able to.

Hope you're having a fantastic weekend!