Friday, October 3, 2008

silence .... not good for everyone...

I love the quiet of the house. When there is quiet I can really tell how loud our salt water tank is, I can tell silence makes my ears ring and I can tell I don't get enough time to just stop and think.

Today my mind was wondering.... and I realized that thank goodness we could not read each others minds. How bad would that be to have a big sign above you head that read just what you thought of someone (your mind reading banner). I would be sitting there thinking, don't think anything, don't think anything ... oh darn ... yes your ass does look nasty in those jeans .... doh! Or it could be the opposite and you could be like all .... wow he is HOT... just want 10 minutes with him ... Oh dear did my husband just read my mind reading banner .... doh!

I want to be a good person. I want to be kind to most people. But sometimes this nasty side comes out... and I try and push her down ... (really my evil twin should have a name)

So I just keep thinking "face to the sunshine".... hold your head high girl. IF someone is going to prosper off things I work on in my life (challenges) ... well I am sure that will not go unnoticed. And inside can they really live with who they are... do they not feel bad?

Again I put my "face to the sunshine", refusing to believe that the bad people, the nasty people in life don't come out ahead. No, I must stay my course... but why when you look around does it always look like they are getting ahead?

Andrea

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i try and be a better person each and every day, it's not easy some days, but i've gone through a dark period and i'm determined never to live like that again.
bsts

for a different kind of girl said...

I have jotted that 'face to the sunshine' line down on a piece of paper I plan to carry with me. Perfect sentiment, and a great goal.