Monday, September 29, 2008

Why is it that I even try to pack away the children's summer clothing. Man this weekend it was HOT! I was stripping down faster then the kids were.

The camping trip was a blast (I so have to blog about the raccoons from HELL). Great time, great friends and great food. However, I did manage to get sick the minute my hubby came home. And that was super great cause he was home for a whopping 48 hours! Now I am back to single parenting for the week... however I am still sick. But we know as Mom's that we are not allowed to really be sick ... SUCK IT UP PRINCESS... WHO NEEDS TO HEAR ... WHO NEEDS A VOICE ...

But even being sick can not pull this girl down. (not that I am trying to tempt you fate .... good fate good fate .... nice pretty fate). NO I went for a little retail therapy.

I took the kiddies shoe shopping today. The 2 older ones needed running shoes. We picked up a cute pair of "skater" shoes for the middle child and a pair of running shoes for the Big Brother. Walked out paying $80 in total. Why is it that I think that is such a great deal ... have things really gotten that costly! Anywho I am happy with my purchases and the cost ... thank goodness Big Daddy likes to work!

As we were leaving the mall I notices that all Hanna Montana (sorry if I spelt her name wrong ... ok really I just wanna look like i really don't know who she is...) jewelry was on for 50% off. My girls love her ... so I had to purchase them each a cute little necklace. But then they had this deal on little girl earrings .... by 2 get a set for free ... so I had to get those .... and well the store sucked me in (did you know that they have hand lotion that smells like Bubble gum)! I walk out paying more for the crap in that little store then I did for one pair of runners (and I only was given a lameass plastic bag to carry it home in)! Maybe it was the music .... maybe they pumped in some kinda gas that makes people want to spend $$$ on stupid stuff the kids will lose in less then 24 hours ... maybe it was that nasty Hello Kitty ... that girl is danger!

Well whatever it is, I am happy to report that my girls are so happy. And my son thinks we are all crazy! So life is good!

4 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

It's vitally important that girls are always happy!

Hope you're feeling better soon. I have to do the whole seasonal changing of the clothes, too, but gah, I hate that job!! I also think it's going to cost me a lot of retail therapy this year, too.

Anonymous said...

i love it when i can find a deal like that and happy girls, doesn't get much better.
get some rest, hope you're feeling better.

Deb said...

Can't wait to hear about the raccoons! I so wish we had hot weather this past weekend - glad you didn't get all the rain we had since you were camping. Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

junglemama said...

My girls love Hannah too!