Tuesday, September 23, 2008

lets see ya get low...

Well, it has been a bit since I have been able to get my butt on the computer. My son has been dealing with a bully at school (nothing too bad... as bully's go these days, how sad is that). My Brother continues to be ill with his crohns disease. My Mormor (Grandmother on mom's side) has been quite ill. I have a very attractive sty in my eye and an even hotter bladder infection. Ya I know I am hot and you all want a piece of this action.

However, with all that is going down, I feel at peace, not low at all. I know the bully issue will be taken care of... my son's teacher is such a gifted teacher (however I am keeping my eye on things don't get this mama bear wrong). My brother ... well that we will have to see. Today he is having drugs given to him via IV. This is a new drug that Canada just recognized on Friday. Kinda a last ditch effort. Prayer is the best we can do to help him at this point in the disease. As for my Grandmother, well she is in her 80's... What can I say here.

Ok so anywho...

My student said the funniest thing the other day. We were talking about careers, and he thought he would make a good Motivational speaker. I asked him what he thought they did. So he looked up the words he was looking for and then proceeded to repeat them to me... um this is how it went down...

"I am going to ERECT people"....
I said "Pardon me" ...
he said "I will erect people"....

here is where you insert me bursting out laughing like a thirteen yr old. I could not breath I was laughing so hard (I know real mature), the entire time he is looking at me like I have just run over his puppy (so he has a fragile ego).

I ask to see the word... and it has Erect as "to build up" ... well then. So it was "Lost in translation"! So I explained that perhaps sticking with just the "build up people" part would be the better idea. Then I also had to explain why erect would not be the best choice to select for a word to use at school. What have we as English speaking people done to the English language???

After a fit of laughter from myself and an explanation to him... we are all a little more clear on what building up can really do! And I thank you...

May you all have a chance to be built up today! oooh behave....

Andrea

3 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

My heart clutches for your son and what he's going through. I hope that situation gets taken care of soon. How sad we still have to deal with situations like that.

Your student is will erect the world, I'm sure! Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

i always try and look on the bright side of things, keep things positive. prayers for your brother that the new drug will be what he needs.

Zip n Tizzy said...

Hang in there all of you! I'm glad you are still on top... that's a lot on your plate.