Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Baby


She has the biggest heart. When she grows up she wants to sell cotton candy and use the money to buy houses for the homeless. She is mothering and yet act like she is 15 (like no way man) in the next second. She always tells the truth, but if you wrong her .... God help you.
She is my baby and she went off to grade one this week. Leaving a very broken hearted Mommy at home. I know she will do well. I know she will have fun and make friends. I am happy for her and the adventure she is about to start. (my heart just needs to catch up)
Badder Baby is the baby that we did not plan ... but everyday I am thankful that it is not for me to plan. It does not matter what you do ... you can not change what is meant to be. And that for me was the best gift ever!
Andrea
funny note my student was laughing his head off last night cause he got a teach with the last name DICK ... I had to break it to him that it was not DICK as in the male member ... no it was DYCK, as in the last name. He can not bring himself to call his teacher Mr Dyck even after I explained the difference. But he had me in stitches! Ah the joys of names we are given.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great pic!
my "baby" started grade 9 this year, but my tears have been replaced with worry instead, our schools here, probably most places, just aren't the safe environment they used to be, which is sad.
she does sound like she has a big heart, i hope her all her dreams come true.

for a different kind of girl said...

Heh...even with all I said yesterday, my baby started first grade this fall, too, so I definitely 'get it'!

And wow, she is a big hearted beauty!

Anonymous said...

You know, I don't think I'd be able to call Mr. Dyck by his name either. I'd probably laugh too. haha. Great pic, by the way.