Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Can I get a WHAT... WHAT...

Ok so a bit shocking today. I had a meeting booked with the school regarding my oldest and his anxieties (we have these meetings every 3 months) and to my surprise they said that there were no issues to speak of so they were going to post pone the meeting til next month, however we may not need to meet at all. WHAT ... WHAT ... Listen I know I drank this weekend, but sista did not drink that much. (am I still drunk or did I die...)

So here I sit, no meeting needed at this time, I have all my papers ready to take them on... and NOTHING. WWWHHHAAATTT ....

I know I should be thrilled... this is the day I have dreamed of. But this feels so strange. I feel like at anytime someone is going to jump out and say "GOT YA, naaa really your meeting is still on and we think your kid is a freak".

WHAT.... I am gonna need a bit to wrap my brain around this one. And what if next month they come to me with panic on their faces saying "we don't know how to deal with (blank)".

Maybe what I am feeling is fear of having hope...

Andrea

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

WHAT...WHAT!!!! Enjoy it Andrea, you've worked so hard to get to this point with him :)


PS I finally saw you this morning ;)

for a different kind of girl said...

Take the hope and hold onto it! If they're saying they don't need the meeting, enjoy the respite and reprieve, but I suppose maybe keep an eye/ear open on any concerns you have and then get one going (?).

I'm still waiting to have an IEP for my oldest, and the staff says since it's not due until the end of October, why have one sooner, "but, oh, yes, we do do things differently in middle school than elementary," which is why I'm stressed and unable to focus until the of October! It's a big old circle for me!

Sounds like you've made some great accomplishments! Enjoy them!

Zip n Tizzy said...

Kudos to both of you for getting to this point, and take the ups with the downs. Certainly there will be more work to do, but it sounds like he's growing and progress is being made. That must feel really good to him!

Anonymous said...

my son was like that too, some of it's a maturity thing, some of it are things you can do for him and things the school can do for him to help him overcome his anxieties. sounds likes it working, keep up the good work!