Thursday, September 11, 2008

I want to sit in Batmans car for awhile...

Ok ,so yesterday must have been dubbed "Melt down Wednesday". Holy hanna, this was a job for Batman. Not just one of my kids lost it... no all three. First went the Baby (full out drama queen moment), second the middle child and rounded things off with my 9 yr old acting like he was TWO! Seriously there could not have been enough Vodka in this house to make the rest of the day, a happy day. What the heck happened I thought... and then yes I realized that everyone is hitting the wall due to back to school craziness. So we did not make it to the Family BBQ at the school (now I get to be the crappy mom that looks like she is not interested in school activities) cause I would have rather set my hair on fire then take the little lovers to a public affair!

Then Big Daddy came into town with fantasies of fun with the new dark haired wife he has ... and I had to crush all his/mine thoughts of "fun" cause I was tired of people hanging off me all day, asking me for stuff and just annoying me. And I felt bad about that... poor guy goes with little sleep to come home and I shut him down with a "I hate the world" attitude. And now "fun" will have to be put on hold til Friday... frick! And of course he is Mr Nice Guy ... grrr that just makes things even worse.

And now today I work all day (thank goodness he is such a great little guy to babysit), have a million children here (why do I have so many play dates at my house ... does nobody else have homes) and have to cook some fabulous dinner cause my kids will kill me if I try and feed them kraft dinner AGAIN...

ok ranting over....

3 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

I have kids coming to my house with MY kids after school, asking if they can come in and play! I'm usually all, "Um, does your Mom or Dad even know you're here? No? Then you should go home." Seriously, my doorbell is ringing with kids constantly!

Hope the day goes off better today!

Zip n Tizzy said...

I too skipped out on the preschool social. With one kid falling apart, and one a wanderer the last thing I needed was to make a lasting impression as the mom who was not only antisocial, but couldn't calm one kid and lost the other.
This too shall pass. (And I'm sure you'll still look hot by Friday!)

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmm, i love fabulous dinners. my specialty is a banana on a bowl of mini wheats. check out the kraft canada website for quick and easy meals, lots of family friendly casseroles your kids might like.