Monday, August 18, 2008

Fresh starts... to the week... to the $$$ ... to the school year...

Well, was my Sunday relaxing or what! My back was so bad I ended up on my girlfriends floor all day (thank u for taking care of me and the creeps). Then toward the end of the day I heard a click, seems my hip was what caused all the pain. Man, I have got to make myself a priority and get this back/hip thing checked out! Still sore today but nothing even close to yesterday. The show must go on.

We are on a cash only budget now , and I have got to say I love it. It is so nice to see what I have for the week and plan from there (funny thing, it is just nice to have $$$). I know I could see if I checked my accounts while using interact ... but actually seeing the cash ... well it seems to make me feel like I have more control. LOL ... tricking the brain I guess. I saw the whole "living on cash" thing on Til Dept Do Us Part (I think that is what it is called) and she made many good points. So I thought with the new job change and financial change, now was a good time for change. However I am meeting a bit of rebelion from Big Daddy... do I have to take all his cards away??? Poor Big Daddy!

Some time this week or next week I am going to do a bit of back to school shopping. First I am going through all the kids clothing cause I feel that I waste too much money on clothing for them and they have loads (and that makes loads of laundry) of clothing. I am embarrassed to admit that my youngest (do to all the hand me downs and new stuff) can't even close her dresser drawers! So I am going to purge, purge, purge ...

Fresh starts all around!

Andrea

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a friend of mine who has back problems and they are all related to his hip, he goes to the chiropractic once a week or so for an adjustment until it gets back in place, you might be able to find some sort of yoga to help you out.
i've been doing a cash only thing for years now, i have a credit card but never ever use it, i check my account every morning before i go out and shop and use debit for everything. i took my husband's credit card away from him because he used to stay up late and order stuff we didn't need off the shopping network, you want to talk about needing to purge!
my back to school shopping is well under way, and it's nice knowing that come september, i won't have to worry about that visa bill in my mailbox!

Family Of Five said...

LOVE all those ideas! I am in the same boat and maybe a switch would be good.