Wednesday, August 20, 2008

NOOOOO.....

I know that I am procrastinating regarding this whole "back to school shopping" thing. I keep putting it off so it is not so real! I don't want the kids to go back... I want summer break to be for forever ... and why do I not just home school. GGGRRR! One reason is for the child in my house that has Anxiety, I pull this child out, and the child may go backwards ... Lord knows I could not handle that. But school is such a battle for us... that summer break is a piece of Heaven. And I am not sure I am up for the fight AGAIN.

But I know that I need to suck it up, get on my big girl panties and get out the door. So I am thinking Thursday is as good a day as any. "Face to the sunshine" ... or as my girlfriend likes to quote Dori "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming". Sad really that we now quote little animated creatures! Really she is smart ... maybe I just don't retain the smart things she says. LOL. Anywho, so I am going to do it. And I am going to do it with the fakest smile I can muster up for my kids.

Then Friday I am visiting with my Mormor (Mom's mom for all who do not speak Danish). That shall be a fun challenge (see positive spin). As their hearing has gone down hill and they speak more Danish the English ... did I mention I speak VERY little danish .... like thanks for the meal is about the best I can pull out. Heck I know more Spanish!

So busy times after having such a wonderful relaxing summer. Now see me fake it till I feel it!

Andrea

3 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

My boys and I had a truly great summer this season. It just seemed less stressed and, many times, very spur of the moment and relaxing. It was something we all needed. Because of that, I did what I never have done in the past, and put off shopping for school supplies until last Friday, and they needed them for this Monday when we went to their schools to get them acclimated. They started school today, and I know it will be a pretty good year, but I kinda miss their noises around here already - even the whiney ones that crept in!

I wish you luck and strength as you forge ahead on your task!

Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind comment recently. I meant to get over here sooner, but life and some of that stuff mentioned above, got ahead of me. I look forward to coming back!

Jennifer said...

ME TOO!! I love summer and wonder why I don't home school. FOr me I guess I feel like this way I'll have the school system to blame if my kids end up being messed up ;)

PS Are you still trying to keep your blog kinda private like your other one or do you want me to add you to my sidebar?

Anonymous said...

my kids are pretty much ready to get back, they're all summered out, missing their friends. we're finishing our back to school shopping this week.