Monday, August 25, 2008

Wow what a crazy couple of days...

Ok wow has it been a crazy couple of days. And now I am happy to say that the rest of the week is planned more .... calm shall we say. Other then friends over, it is just the kids and I hanging out.

I did do all the school shopping in one day. The kids and I went from morning til night! And I can now say I am glad I did it. It helped me face the fact that they are going back. I think also putting it on my blog held me to it more as well. I can't say I am jumping for joy at the thought of them going back, and I am going to cry (as I do every year). But there is a small part of me looking forward to a bit of time to myself.

Today I also did a trial run with the little guy I will be looking after during the day, 3 days a week. I am so please with how it went and am looking forward to having him back next week.

My parents finally got back from their holiday and as always spoiled the kids. And they wonder why every time they come to the door my kids ask "Did you bring me anything" .... ggrrr. LOL, however I am so glad that my kids are so special to them and well, I don't thing (???) it will wreck them as human beings. (if it is going to don't tell me .... shshshsh)

Just as a side note I am still worried about my anxious one going into grade 4... but I have read up on all our notes and I am loaded with knowledge regarding Anxiety (nothing else can be kept in the brain at this time). So I am ready to go after everything I feel he deserves and more! Watch out cause mamma has her big girl panties on! (really I would like someone else to go in and do the fight for us ... but that is not the real world is it)

Andrea

4 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

The fight is hard, but so worth it. We have to fight for some stuff with our oldest son, and I'm already raring to get to it, but my husband had to remind me that "Technically, dear, they've not started doing anything in school yet. Give them a moment. Let them learn who our boy is, then see how hard we have to fight."

So I guess I'm temporarily standing down! I wish you luck on your efforts

Zip n Tizzy said...

Oh, I'm already fearful and he hasn't even started kindergarten yet. We're such mama lions aren't we.

It's not stuff my mom brings, it's cookies. My kids want to move in with her!

Anonymous said...

i just have haircuts left to do and black shoes for my oldest, the kids wear uniforms to their school, makes its alot easier.
enjoy the rest of your week!

Family Of Five said...

You are ahead of me with the anxious one... so I'll be calling you for advice!