Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Going, Going, Gone...

5 hours, 3 bags of garbage, 4 bags of cloths and we now have 2 bedrooms clean! I can not believe how much junk children collect over the year. Cleaning was almost as long as a triathlon (I may have enjoyed the triathlon more).



I explained to the kids the more they have the more mess they will have to clean. Less means more time to play. Well the youngest one got it and was chucking stuff out left right and centre! Then she went after her brother's room... had him making piles (keep, give away, chuck out). Flylady would be proud of my baby girl! However his room is not completed, so we will finish his room off today and the rest of the house.



I was really blessed the other day. A friend of mine gave me a gift card to a salon ($200) because I took care of her cat for 2 weeks. I could not believe it. I feel it was over the top, so I have asked her to join me in getting our nails or toes done. Hopefully she will take me up on the offer.



My kids and I have really enjoyed the Olympics. But I have to say that the Triathlon really got us. We were so proud to see our Canadian, Whitfield! He was so amazing and we loved cheering for him. Thanks Mr Simon Whitfield for giving us a wonderful family evening!



Andrea

No comments: